Wednesday 2 May 2012

No Time For Goodbye - Linwood Barclay

Goodreads Blurb

Fourteen-year-old Cynthia Bigge woke one morning to discover that her entire family–mother, father,brother–had vanished. No note, no trace, no return. Ever. Now, twenty-five years later, she’ll learn the devastating truth.

Sometimes it’s better not to know. . . .


My Review

A good page turner full of suspense, kept me guessing most of the way through.  Not so much a ‘who done it’ as a ‘who did what’.  Maybe I’m just in reading form at the moment but yet again I was gripped from the beginning, every time I put the book down I had to lift it soon after to find out what comes next. 

A well paced mystery/thriller with very visual storytelling and interesting characters.  It would certainly inspire me to read more of his novels.

I would have awarded 5 stars but the last quarter of the book was not as (I struggle for a word here) perhaps strong....  It was faster paced towards the end and certainly tied up all loose ends but.... maybe less innovative is what I am trying to say. But don't be put off it is still a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment